These are the recipes I use every day . . . not just my own, but also my favorites from family, friends, and other sources. It is a continual work in progress as I fine-tune recipes, add photos, and try new things. Please leave your comments so that I can learn from you too!

Best Bread Machine Bread

Makes one 1-1/2 lb. loaf.

Place the following ingredients into bread machine IN THIS ORDER:

1-1/3 c. warm water (approx. 110 F)
1/3 c. olive oil
2 tsp. salt

4 c. bread flour 
(make mound in middle and "dig" well at center)

2 Tblsp. + 2 tsp. white sugar
(pour into one of the corners of the pan)

3 tsp. (1 pkg.) rapid-dry yeast
(pour into well in center of flour mound)

Set machine to "Basic" loaf and press start.

For whole wheat bread:
Instead of 4 c. bread flour, use 1-1/2 c. whole wheat flour with 2-1/2 c. bread flour.

From the kitchen of:  "Dinner with the Bickfords" Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment